Working out at work:
- Take the stairs (within reason, although extra points if you work in a skyscraper:)
- Walk to the coffee shop that is up the hill, or a couple blocks farther
- Opt for in-person conversations when possible (there is more than one plus to doing this!)
- Use your breaks, and move (your engagement improves by 30% when you do this regularly) I like to get outside when its nice out, or stop by an old co-workers desk (the catch is that the co-worker has to be on a different floor, points for distance!)
- Carry your laptop in front of you and try to keep it level to your next meeting. (bonus points is you add a ream of paper on top) If you have a lot of meetings this one really makes an impact on your biceps.
What to wear:
When putting these pieces together I considered what would allow movement, still look more work appropriate rather than workout, in the PNW we can definitely get away with this. Remember points 3 and 4 of my fashion pet peeves, its a little harsh but apparently I was feeling a bit passionate that day.
jawbone the best device on the market today
(essential to track your activity, meals, and total in/out calories)