September 26, 2008

My mind's eye

Traveling.  Don't you love it?  Seeing new places trying new things, everyone has their reason.  For me, I love the architecture.  I can remember everyplace I've been be the buildings, not the food, activities, culture, or even my experiences.  but if you say Austria, I see pastels, window boxes, all stack crammed and smushed.  When I come home and look at all my pictures of any given trip (even the little getaways to Portland OR) 95% are building, interesting facades, colors, oddities, whatever seems noteworthy, the other 5% is my boyfriend posing in front of a cool building, or some times a tree (I do love trees!)  I thought I'd share a few pictures I keep in my mind.  None of these are mine seeing as I still love a 34mm most of the time for my travels.

Salzburg, Austria (just beautiful, I'd love to go back)

Bergen, Norway (it looks like it is slowly sprouting houses not trees.  Very fresh, real, and alive in this little town)

New York, New York (the tallest buildings I'd ever seen, reaching for miles closing in on you!)

Oslo, Norway (a little more modern than the rest)

Prague, Czech Republic  (my all time favorite place in the world.  Buildings from every era.  Gothic -like the large church in the picture, to "modern".  Love it!)

Thank you for all the lovely pictures!

Pin it